Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"Struggling Alone" with Homosexuality

Some time ago, in fact, I think this might have been before I accepted the Church's teachings on homosexuality and struggled to let go of the one person I love most in this life, my spiritual director Fr. Anthony Giampietro shared this article with me.

Looking back in retrospect, I can identify with the person described in it. I think the writer profoundly illuminates a growing problem within the Church. The sexual chaos that has passed down to this generation is contrary to human dignity and not at all virtuous, to say the least. The Church faces many challenges from modernity on human sexuality. I think this insight is quite meaningful, particularly for me as a homosexual Catholic. It highlights the tendency of the faithful to forget homosexual Catholics living in accord with the Church's teaching, bearing their Cross alone. The current pastoral care and Christian outreach to chaste homosexuals is absolutely unacceptable in it's almost virtual nonexistence.

In my life, homosexuality was always the barrier between God and myself. I would love to have the issue discussed more in Catholic circles with an open-mind, understanding, and compassion without compromising our commitment to orthodoxy. Instead of our unspoken commitment to silence on vital issues, we fail those who need us most. We have entered an age of silence to maintain peace; it is also another age of dissent.

Read the article
here.

0 Comments:

This Catholic Loves Benedict XVI

This Catholic Loves Benedict XVI

Knights of Columbus: Champions for the Family

Knights of Columbus: Champions for the Family

The Pro-Life Movement in the Democratic Party

The Pro-Life Movement in the Democratic Party